Frequently asked questions: Purchasing
Frequently asked questions
- Do you offer volume discounts?
- Do you offer subscriptions?
- What is an UltraPack?
- How do I create a price quote to send to my clients?
- I found a photo on the Getty Images site that I want to buy for personal use, for example, to frame and hang on my wall at home or for use on an invitation to a private event. Can I do that?
- What payment options do you offer?
- What is a purchase order number?
- What is a job or project title?
- Will I be charged tax for my online purchases?
- How do I price images on the Getty Images website?
- How do I price videos on the Getty Images website?
- How do I price music tracks on the Getty Images website?
- Under what circumstances can I get a refund?
- I was charged tax/VAT incorrectly. Can I get a refund?
- Can I give my client ownership of an image license that I am purchasing?
Do you offer volume discounts?
Yes. We offer volume discounts on royalty-free creative images and videos, and on editorial images for editorial use when you buy UltraPacks (also called Packs) in set quantities of downloads. (Note that Packs do not include creative rights-managed (RM) images.) The larger the Pack, the more you save.
Packs provide the flexibility to use images or videos whenever you need them for future projects. When you buy a Pack, you don’t have to download images or videos immediately. You can stock up on Packs and use them for future projects because they never expire (as long as you sign in to your account once a year). Learn more about UltraPacks.
Do you offer subscriptions?
What is an UltraPack?
An UltraPack is a set quantity of downloads bundled together. Because you buy UltraPacks in set quantities of downloads, you get a volume discount on the price of RF creative images and videos, and editorial images for editorial use. The larger the Pack, the more you save.
In addition to the volume discount, UltraPacks allow you to stock up on downloads that you can use for future projects. You don’t need to use your downloads immediately because Packs never expire as long as you sign in to the Getty Images site at least once a year.
How do I create a price quote to send to my clients?
If you’re working on a project and want to send a price quote of images you want to use to a client, do the following:
- Sign in to the Getty Images site. (Need an account? Create one here.)
- Add the images you want to the cart, and then select the shopping cart icon to open the Shopping cart
- Tick the Select for purchase box next to each image you want to include in the quote.
- In the upper right corner of the page, select the Create quote
- In the Create a quote pop-up page, fill in the requested information boxes.
- Select Print to print a hardcopy of the quote or select Email to send the quote to the intended recipients.
I found a photo on the Getty Images site that I want to buy for personal use, for example, to frame and hang on my wall at home or for use on an invitation to a private event. Can I do that?
If you would like an image to hang on your wall, please visit Photos.com, where you can find a large selection of stunning, expertly framed photography, shipped and ready to hang.
If the image you’re looking for is not available from Photos.com, or if you are looking for a digital file to use as an artist reference or to create a card such as an invitation to a private event, please refer to this reference guide:
The image is marked as “Creative” on our website, including our traditional photography offerings such as lifestyle, landscapes and art directed content…
Note: The “Creative” label appears next to the image number when viewing the image’s detail page, or appears below the image on the search results page.
We offer one-time use licenses for wall-décor or for use on cards. Please contact us for assistance.
The image is noted as “Editorial” on our website, including our news, sports, entertainment and archive content…
Note: The “Editorial” label appears next to the image number when viewing the image’s detail page, or appears below the image on the search results page.
Unfortunately, we do not currently offer a personal use license for this content.
What payment options do you offer?
We offer both credit card and company credit terms as payment options. You can add your credit card information directly on the website to save time in the purchasing process. For credit term accounts, or to be associated with an existing company account, please contact us.
What is a purchase order number?
A purchase order is usually a written document that itemizes and keeps track of company expenses to acquire goods or services. It contains such items as price, delivery date, and other items specified in the agreement.
Some companies require the purchase order number be listed on any invoices to track them against purchase orders. Even if your company does not require this information, you can enter an optional number, project title, and the name of the person who placed the order in the notes section of the checkout page.
What is a job or project title?
The job or project title is the name or other reference that you would like to be associated with the license of the images you are buying. These are optional fields on the checkout page that help you organize and track the assets you license.
Will I be charged tax for my online purchases?
Sales, VAT or other similar transactional taxes may be applied to an order depending on the product licensed and the state, province or country in which the delivery address is located. If you are paying with terms, you will receive an invoice detailing the actual tax applied. If you are paying by credit card, the actual tax applied will be included in the transaction amount that appears on your credit card statement. If you have any questions about our tax policy, please feel free to contact us.
How do I price images on the Getty Images website?
While pricing will vary based on whether or not your purchase is made using a volume discount or subscription, we use two primary pricing methods based on an image's rights model:
- By file size
- Creative royalty-free (RF) images and editorial images with standard rights are priced based on the size of the image. Select the desired file size for a given image from either the cart or the details page to see the price. If you have high volume content needs, we offer discount pricing for licensing creative RF and editorial images with UltraPacks and Premium Access subscriptions.
- By usage
- Creative rights-managed (RM) images, such as those in our Prestige collection, are priced based on how you plan on using the image. Usage factors include size, duration, placement, and geographic distribution with the option of exclusive licensing. Select from a series of options based on how you intend to use the image to see the price.
How do I price videos on the Getty Images website?
Video pricing is determined by the license type, which is based on either file size or how the video will be used:
- By file size
- Creative royalty-free (RF) video is priced based on file size. You can use each clip in an unlimited number of projects for a fixed one-time fee. If you have higher-volume needs, we offer discount pricing on royalty-free video with the purchase of UltraPacks. All creative RF videos available with an UltraPack are available for editorial or commercial use.
- By usage
- Creative rights-ready (RR) and editorial (ED) video are both priced based on usage within a specific project. For creative content, uses might be for an advertisement, television program, corporate video or film. The fixed fee for the video is determined by the usage categories corresponding to the project, as specified in the video’s rights-ready license agreement.
How do I price music tracks on the Getty Images website?
Music pricing is determined by the license type, which determines whether the track is available for a flat fee or by usage:
- Flat fee
- Royalty-free (RF) music tracks and sound effects are available for unlimited usage and priced based on a flat fee.
- By usage
- Rights-managed (RM) music tracks are priced based on usage. Usage factors include the type of project the music will be used for (advertising, corporate, or programming), the format you are working in (in-store, mobile, TV, podcast, radio, and web), the country where your project will appear, and the duration of usage you need. To price RM music tracks, please contact us.
Under what circumstances can I get a refund?
To get a refund or cancellation your request must be:
- Submitted in writing
- Submitted within 7 days of your order
- For content that has not been used
If these conditions are met, Getty Images may cancel the relevant order and issue a full refund to your account or credit card.
No credits or refunds are available for cancellation requests received more than seven days from your order, or for research, lab, service or subscription fees, all of which are non-refundable. In the event of cancellation, your rights to use the content terminate, and you must delete or destroy any copies of the content.
I was charged tax/VAT incorrectly. Can I get a refund?
Yes. To get a refund for tax or VAT that was incorrectly charged to your account, please contact us.
Can I give my client ownership of an image license that I am purchasing?
You can give your client ownership of an image license during the purchase process on the website by doing the following:
- From the shopping cart, tick the Select for purchase checkbox for each image you want to license, and then select the Continue with purchase button.
- On the Purchase page, select the details of your payment information, then Continue to next step.
- In the Reference information section, find the Licensee name (optional) box, enter the name of the person or company who will be the owner of the license you are buying. If you leave this box blank, you will be the owner of the license you are buying.
- Continue with the rest of the purchase.
We do not currently support giving a client ownership of a license for an image that you have downloaded as part of an UltraPack or via a subscription agreement.