Old Iowa State Capitol (Iowa City, Iowa)
[UNVERIFIED CONTENT] John F. Rague designed this lovely Greek Revival capitol built in 1842. It acted as the last territorial capitol of the Iowa Territory and the first state capitol from 1846 through 1857. In 1857 the state legislature was relocated to the more centrally located city of Des Moines. Today the structure is located on the campus of the University of Iowa and is a museum.