Genres:Funk, Jazz - Fusion, Jazz - Dixieland/Ragtime, Jazz - Bebop/Traditional, Blues - Electric, Blues - Acoustic , RnB - Classic/Soul
Led by the critically acclaimed pianist and Hammond B-3 organist, Bruce Katz, the Bruce Katz Band plays unique, very original instrumental music that explores many aspects of American Roots styles, while never losing its blues spirit and feeling.
This powerful 4 piece band blends guitar and Hammond B3 organ together into a sound that is modern and yet traditional at its core. Besides leading his own band, Bruce currently also tours with Gregg Allman and Friends, John Hammond and others.
The members of the Bruce Katz Band have played with many of the leading names in blues. Guitarist Chris Vitarello has played with Jimmy McGriff. Bass player Rod Carey played with Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters and Kenny Neal, Robert Lockwood, Jr., Hubert Sumlin and many others. Drummer Ralph Rosen has been a mainstay of the New England blues and jazz scene, regularly backing up touring artists in both blues and jazz, as well as playing with the Bruce Katz band for the past 11 years.
Bruce Katz is also a very in-demand sideman, recently completing recording projects with Duke Robillard, Joe Louis Walker and John Hammond, to name a few.
- 6th CD as a leader
- Currently tours with Gregg Allman and Friends and John Hammond
- Recorded on 60 CDs including Ronnie Earl, Duke Robillard, Little Milton, Jimmy Witherspoon, Debbie Davies, many others
- 2008 Blues Music Awards Nominee for “Piano Player of the Year”
- Toured with many legendary blues/soul/jazz artists including Gregg Allman, John Hammond, Ronnie Earl, Duke Robillard, Jerry Portnoy, Levon Helm, David “Fathead” Newman and many more
“He can play jazz, blues, Bach, anything. Man, he's a heavy!"
- Gregg Allman
"This man is as good as it gets. One of the greatest keyboard artists I've ever heard."
- John Hammond
“...Katz cooks up a brilliant marriage of blues, jazz, gospel and soul.”
- Bill Milkowski, Jazz Times