Genres:Country - Classic, Country - Alternative, Specialty - Promo Music, Rock - Roots Rock, Blues - Electric
It’s easy to understand why Lowell Thompson and his band Crown Pilot are getting hailed as the “next big thing” for the alt-country set. It’s hard to find a review that doesn’t include favorable comparisons to the likes of Gram Parsons, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, vintage Rolling Stones, and the various Americana revivalists that used to grace the cover of No Depression. While there’s truth to the hype, the fact is that Thompson’s music is informed as much by the names above as it is by less expected sources like Fugazi and Elvis Costello.
Thompson’s latest album entitled “Lowell Thompson and Crown Pilot” features volunteer contributions by local Vermonter’s like Phish’s Page McConnell (piano), Grace Potter (backing vocals) and Son Volt’s Mark Spencer (lap steel). The record has been garnering positive media attention at home, nationally (including Rolling Stone) and in the press across the Atlantic.
• Best Male Vocalist, Seven Days "Daisies" Readers Choice Award, 2010
• Top Albums of 2009, Burlington Free Press, 2010
• Top Ten Albums of 2009, Seven Days, 2010
• Best Shows of 2009, Burlington Free Press, 2010
• Best Albums of 2009, Vermont Public Radio, 2009
• Best Band, Seven Days “Daisies” Readers Choice Award, 2009